About Our Traveling Classes
*** TO SEE OUR SIGN DESIGN OPTIONS GO HERE www.woodsignsbyme.com/gallery***
For our Traveling DIY Workshops, we sand the wood for you ahead of time. During the workshop you will be able to stain your sign and paint it using a stencil that we prepare for you ahead of time, and have lots of fun doing it! This is a great couples date night idea, girls night out, or a family friendly activity. People of all ages will have fun during our class!
Have a sign you have seen on Pinterest or another picture of one that you really want to make? Call us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can see if we can design something similar for you to make during the class! There may be an additional $20 design fee charged for these services.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- We ask that you arrive 5-10 minutes prior to the start time of this class.
- We do allow children age 7 and older to attend our classes with a paid registration. They must have a parent or guardian also attending the class with a paid registration.
- Each person who attends the class MUST register for the class.
- Please note that this project does involve wood and no two pieces of wood are exactly the same. The grain, texture and how the wood takes the stain is different in every piece which means each piece of wood will vary slightly and each sign will vary slightly but it will look fine when we are finished! We do recommend that you seal your sign, especially if it is going to be displayed outside or in an area prone to moisture, we recommend that you protect it using a spray sealer which you can purchase at any local home improvement store. DO NOT USE a brush on sealer!
- COVID-19 DISCLAIMER: Wood Signs by Me, Inc. requires that strict precautions be followed to slow or eliminate the spread of COVID-19. By signing up for any of our classes or events, the participant agrees to limit their friend group to no more than eight (8) people and practice social distancing (keeping people 6 feet apart) at all times. We will limit each class to twenty-five (25) participants or less. Participants will be required to wear a mask during the event, unless you are eating or drinking while seated. To attend one of our classes or events you must comply with these requirements and it is your responsibility to do so. Participants also understand that there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 during a class or event just like when in any public place where people are present. By registering, you agree to this risks and hold Wood Signs by Me harmless. . IF A CLASS HAS TO BE CANCELED FOR ANY REASON DUE TO COVID-19, WE WILL MOVE YOU TO ANOTHER CLASS THAT FITS IN YOUR SCHEDULE, OR SHIP YOUR SIGN TO YOU TO COMPLETE AT HOME OR DURING A VIRTUAL CLASS.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy: If for any reason you can’t attend a class and you notify us at least 48 hours before the class is to be held by calling our office at 608-491-1077, we can issue you a refund minus a $10 processing fee. If you don’t notify us at least 48 hours in advance, we can’t issue you a refund but we can move you to another class in your area. If you can’t attend the class but would like to attend a different class in your area, we can move you without a fee being charged. Also, due to the customization of orders, we can NOT make any changes after you register. We do require at least 10 people to attend a class in order for us to hold it. If for any reason we have to cancel, such as bad weather or low attendance, we will notify you ahead of time and reschedule the class. If you can’t make it to the new scheduled date, we will find another class for you to come to in your area, or issue you a refund (minus the $10 processing fee), or we will ship the sign to you!
- Photographs taken at Wood Signs by Me (WSBM) Traveling DIY Workshop events may be used in future WSBM publications, on the WSBM website or in other association materials. By attending any WSBM events, you agree to allow WSBM to use your image in any WSBM-related publications, promotional products, or websites. By attending any WSBM events, you consent to the use, without compensation, of recordings of your likeness and voice by WSBM, perpetually and throughout the world, (a) in connection with future WSBM publications, and (b) in any related WSBM video or audio recordings, printed publications and Internet publications. You acknowledge and agree that WSBM, and its successors and assigns, is the sole owner of all copyrights, literary rights and similar rights to such media.
Please NOTE that Dark Brown (Walnut) is our most popular stain color, it is used on most of the signs in our gallery. If you would like white and you want a clean look, pick the white stain. If you like the distressed or rustic look, pick the white wash distressed.
You will pick your paint colors during the class. Please keep in mind that if you pick a DARK STAIN color, you will want to use light paint colors. And if you pick a LIGHT STAIN color, you will want to use dark paint colors. That will provide the most contrast and make it easiest to see and read!
The Dugout Pub N Grub
Wednesday, Sept 8th
6 pm – 9 pm
N2519 WI-15, Hortonville, WI 54944
City Limits Bar & Banquet Hall
Thursday, Sept 9th
6 pm – 9 pm
3627 County Rd C R, Manitowoc, WI 54220
Timbukbru – Clarion
Wed, Sept 15th
6 pm – 9 pm
215 6th Street SW, Clarion, IA 50525
Tycoga Vineyard & Winery
Thursday, Sept 23rd
6 pm – 9 pm
2585 195th Street, DeWitt, IA 52742
Wedgewood Supper Club & Golf Course
Monday, Sept 27th
6 pm – 9 pm
1200 E Huron Street, Omro, WI 54963
Timbukbru – Iowa Falls
Wed, Sept 29th
6 pm – 9 pm
819 Washington Ave, Iowa Falls, IA 50126